WE'RE READY TO GET YOU THERE
As travel options open up for many, it’s important to us at Kansas City International Airport to still take the proper precautions to promote a safe and healthy environment for all our passengers and staff. To learn more, view our videos, or read the steps we're taking:
While we don’t require proof of vaccination for travel at this time, we do highly encourage getting vaccinated to lower the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. For passengers who are fully vaccinated, the federal government still requires face coverings for now. For the latest information from the CDC, see their travel recommendations. If you haven’t been vaccinated and need help finding a clinic near you, visit the State of Missouri’s Vaccine Navigator site or PrepareMetroKC.
SEND OUR SAFER TRAVELS CHECKLIST TO YOUR MOBILE PHONE TO ENSURE YOU’RE GOOD TO GO. >>
The federal government requires masks for everyone on aircraft and airport property including buildings, buses and ground transportation. Read the TSA Security Directive here.
Counters, public seating areas, bathrooms, baggage carousels, security areas and other high-touch surfaces are being frequently disinfected. Kansas City Aviation Department crews regularly check and restock soap, hand sanitizer and paper towels, and have increased the frequency of restroom cleaning and sanitization on each shift.
Distance markers have been placed in the terminal and in other public-use areas, to help travelers maintain their space.
We’re reminding staff and travelers to wash their hands often and thoroughly. Hand sanitizer is also available in strategic locations throughout the terminal.
Customer-facing counters have Plexiglas dividers to help limit the spread of germs during conversations and transactions.
OTHER THINGS WE’RE DOING
Recorded health announcements are running on the public address system.
Videos and graphics are running on the electronic flight and baggage information displays.
All airport parking lot and interterminal buses are sanitized throughout the day and are fogged/sanitized on a regular basis. In addition, many of the operations and procedures at Kansas City International Airport have been changed or adjusted to implement more safety protocols. Please allow extra time when arriving.
WHAT AIRLINES ARE DOING
Each airline is organizing its own custom response to the coronavirus. Click here for airline websites and contact information.
- Facial coverings are required for all travelers in aircraft and for customer-facing employees.
- Plexiglas shields have been added to separate customers from employees.
- Frequency of cleaning of ticket counters, seating areas and other high-touch areas in airline-leased areas has increased.
- Most airlines have instituted procedures to separate travelers in queuing and boarding.
- Hand sanitizer is available to customers.
- Most airlines have adjusted their flight change policies into the future.
WHAT CONCESSIONARIES ARE DOING
All airport shops, including food, beverage, and gift shops, have implemented plans to support the airport's efforts in keeping travelers healthy. Concessionaires are operating on a reduced schedule due to the reduced number of flights. We expect our shops and eateries to gradually expand their hours as customer volume increases.
- High-touch surfaces are cleaned and sanitized often.
- Plexiglas shields have been installed to separate customers from employees.
- Social distancing signs and floor decals have been deployed to direct customers to remain six feet apart.
- Employee wellness checks are conducted at the start of each shift.
- Facial coverings and gloves are provided to employees.
- Hand sanitizer is available to customers.
- Touchless transactions are encouraged and advanced touchless technology is being phased in.
- Signs encourage credit card or mobile payment.
- News & gifts stores and KC vending machines offer, masks, hand sanitizer and wipes for sale.
WHAT RENTAL CAR FACILITIES ARE DOING
The Rental Car facility and its bus system are operated by KCI Airport's valued partner, First Transit, which has implemented many plans to support the airport's efforts in keeping travelers healthy:
- Masks are required for drivers and riders.
- Customers enter middle doors for social distancing.
- Physical barriers have been added between drivers and passengers.
- Buses are regularly cleaned and disinfected and ozone generator sterilizing machines are deployed in buses.
- Surface sanitation is performed multiple times per day.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added at counters and other high-traffic locations.
- Social distancing and good hygiene signs have been added.
- Employees wear face masks and gloves in the facility.
KANSAS CITY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT "SAFER TRAVELS" CHECKLIST
Keep your health in mind while traveling by packing these items:
- Comfortable but well-fitting face covers
- Hand sanitizer that's 12 oz. or less (3.4 oz. still applies to other liquids)
- A few of your own pens
- An easy-to-use thermometer
- Small pack of disinfectant wipes
- Your health insurance card
- A plastic bag to keep clean masks separate
- Touchless pay methods
- Check with your destination to learn which required documents you'll need for entry
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Kansas City Missouri Health Department
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Kansas Department of Health and Environment