Visit the City of Kansas City, Missouri's ADA page
Title VI Discrimination Complaint Procedure and Form
Curbside Assistance at Terminals
Wheelchair reservations and curbside assistance can be arranged by calling your airline. Click here for airline phone numbers. If no assistance is available at the curb, notify an Airport Police Officer of Traffic Control Officer. Or call 816-243-5237.
- Federal law prohibits curbside parking. Any vehicle parked or left unattended at terminal curbs will be ticketed and towed.
- Curbs may be used for immediate loading and unloading.
- A separate assistant and driver are recommended when picking up or dropping off disabled travelers.
- The Garage and Circle parking facilities offer 30 minutes for $1.00.
- The Circle Parking areas offer disabled parking in sections E-2 and E-3.
- All buses, including those serving Economy Parking, have wheelchair lifts and kneeling capability.
- Maximum vehicle height:
- Garage A: 7’2
- Garage B: 7’4
- Garage C: 8’2
- Over-height vehicles should use the Economy Parking Lot
All high-traffic areas of the airport are wheelchair-accessible by elevators, including ticketing and baggage claim. Elevators are located near each escalator.
All public restrooms and family restrooms are wheelchair-accessible and located throughout all terminals.
TTY (Text Teletype for the Hearing Impaired)
Located throughout all terminals at pay phone locations.
Visual paging monitors are located throughout the terminals. The monitors provide taxi and security alert information, and public announcements are displayed by request.
Braille signage exists in most public areas for the sight-impaired.
Service Dog Relief Areas
Rest areas for service dogs are at each end of each terminal in grassy areas adjacent to pedestrian ramps. They are marked with instructional signs and include special waste receptacles and biodegradable bags.
Airport LEP Guests
For over the phone translation service, please contact the Airport Communications Center at (816) 243-5237. This service is available 24/7 at no cost to the user.
Title VI Complaints and Procedures
It is unlawful for airport operators and their lessees, tenants, concessionaire and contracts to discriminate against any person because of race, color, national origin, sex, creed or disability in public services and employment opportunities. Allegation of discrimination should be promptly reported to the DBE/ADA Program Manager or:
Federal Aviation Administration
Office of Civil Rights, ACR-1
800 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20591